Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Hello Peeps---

It is difficult to find the time anymore to blog. I liked it better when I wasn't working...... Speaking of work, tonight we get paid--yeah!

I never got around to blogging about our trip to MI in May. Mom and Wayne's home in Crystal Mountain is beautiful and we had lots of fun playing cards, walking the resort, climbing the sand dunes, golfing and playing ping pong, pool and dominoes. Paul had a great time on the Plasma Car and all the cool toys Grandma and Grandad have in the basement. Danny and I even got to sneak away one night for a romantic dinner at Arcadia Golf Club. Right on Lake Michigan with the sunset. Really nice and great food! I took Danny and Paul over to Frankenmuth for several hours before we made our way towards Detroit to visit some of my family. We had a grand time and then on our way to the airport Monday morning, I took a detour to Southfield, MI where I lived from age 5-10. I hadn't been there in YEARS..so I wasn't sure if I would remember where to turn into the old neighborhood. I am good and found it no problem! I even made my way around and saw Brent McConnell's house...my best friend Anne Marie's home..our old house..Paul Wosachlo's old home...and several other friends from Evergreen Elementary. It was a great vacation and much needed.

So, now it's time to blog about my brother's visit last weekend. He, Alleson and princess Lauren arrived around 11pm Thurs night. I picked them up and took them downtown to their hotel. Friday morning took Paul and I to the Riverwalk and had brunch with the family. Here is a pic of Paul and Lauren on the Riverwalk after we had eaten.
Then it was on our way to The Wildlife Ranch in Garden Ridge. Paul LOVES animals and he loves the drive through safari we have just 30 min from downtown SA. Super fun and one of the best parts was that the zebras were along the road. That is the closest I have ever been to an zebra!

Paul did not wish to nap when we got back to our house. Oh wait--he did fall asleep in the car..oh, as we were about 10 min from home! We then BBQ'd and ate a nice holiday dinner. Paul would go to bed early--so no fireworks for him. Danny stayed home with the lad and put him to bed. The four of us went to The Westin at La Cantera to watch the Fiesta Texas fireworks. Great view and really nice weather...rather odd really for July in South Texas!
Sat morning brought a trip to Sea World. They opened at 9am and we were in the gate at 9:10am. There is so much to tell you about that day..but I am tired and need to get ready for bed. I will finish this entry tomorrow. Let's just say-we stayed 10 hours! Paul and Danny stayed about 8. Paul was pooped. Shoot, his Mama was pooped! A ton of people of course since it was a Sat on a holiday weekend. We did see 5 shows though and the highlight of the day was that Lauren was IN the Believe Shamu Show. Yes, on stage, on the jumbotron and smiling pretty for the audience. She had to answer a few questions too....so cute--and very memorable!!
I leave you with this.....
I recently caught a repeat of a Sex and the City episode and one line in that show has stayed with me for weeks. In this particular episode, Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) decides to move from Manhattan to Paris to be with her new self-consumed artist boyfriend, Aleksander Petrovsky. When she gets to Paris and gets settled in, Aleksander is constantly busy and stressed about a new gallery project. Carrie is new to a foreign city, doesn’t speak the language or know anyone and is trying to wait patiently to spend some time with her new boyfriend. One day, the two had planned to meet his ex-wife for lunch. After the ladies were stood up because of a “pressing issue”, his ex-wife told Carrie that Aleksander’s famous words are “as soon as I get done with…” She explained he never actually “gets done” with anything. His life is scattered and fluid; he rarely finishes anything. He tends to keep everyone waiting.

Living in the tunnel of the future with the “as soon as I get done with the budget project, raising my kids, getting my college degree, losing weight or any other fill in the blank” means we are always looking ahead but are rarely in the present moment. There are always things to do. The question is what are you sacrificing in the process?

Bottom line: Don’t delay living your life. It’s unfolding right before your very eyes.

No comments: