Friday, June 6, 2008

Precious Baby Boy...Logan Thomas Burgess...Now In Heaven

It is with great sadness and heartache that I share this news.....my best friend from college and sorority sister..Debra.. lost her baby boy to what we think was SIDS. Debra and John have been married for 3 1/2 years and have Miss Olivia who is 2 1/2 and Master Logan came into this world October 16, 2007 and left us to join his other family members and God on June 5, 2008. Debra lives in the Kansas City area. I had visited them for a long weekend in Nov when little Logan was only 4 weeks old. Here is a picture I took of him when I was there.

Debra and John both work for GE and were at work while Olivia and Logan were at their sitters house. Leslie, the sitter, put Logan down for his nap and when she went to check on him after a couple of hours..he had passed. Debra asked we keep her in our prayers too. How awful to discover a baby you love as your own wasn't breathing and was gone. An autopsy was going to be performed this afternoon to determine for certain, but all indications point to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. I had just talked with Debra on Sunday for our usual monthly catchup session. Sometimes we miss a month, but they are always in my thoughts. I have been friends with Debra for 19 years!

I ask you keep Debra, John, Olivia and the rest of the family in your prayers. Pray for comfort and peace during this devastating time. Please pray for the family and friends that will be traveling to celebrate Logan's life and for strength for them as they comfort the family. And remember Master Logan too. He was loved so much and will be greatly missed. I don't think I will be able to fly to KC and attend the funeral. But I did speak with Debra briefly this morning and told her if I could not come, I would make plans to go there in a few weeks. So that is the plan.

As someone told me once...when something like this happens..Jesus is still the same as he was before the tragedy. On some level, that gives me some peace. It is comforting to know that Logan is now being held by Jesus. He is one lucky guy to have this sweet child with Him.

3 comments:

Osh said...

you know I am praying

Dawn said...

Deborah...John...Olivia. Michele was kind enough to call me. I cannot begin to comprehend...to dwell for a moment for what your are going through..quickly becomes overwhelming. I am just so, terribly sorry and heartbroken. Dawn Shelton

Laurita said...

Patti Ro told me what had happened with Logan. Although I haven't spoken with Debra in many, many years, as a mother, my heart goes out to her and her entire family. What a sweet baby.