Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Live With a Three Year Old

Paul turned 3 on June 16. Hard to believe three years have passed since my stay at Methodist. The night before, early contractions, having a horrific reaction to some medicine....the phenogren, the pitocin, Dr. Gallagher breaking my water at 8:30am, the intense off the chart labor pains every 2 min...an no epidural, the epidural....but having to stay still through intense contractions...the labor with the epidural..ahhhh, the news Paul's neck was hyper extended and his little face was being pushed hard against my cervix, the decision to have a C-Section, the anesthesia that made me nauseous...seeing my little boy covered in "stuff" after Dr. Gallagher pulled him from my gut, seeing Danny love on our new son while I was being sewn up, the recovery room where Danny laid Paul on my chest and he calmed instantly, the anxiousness of being in my room and waiting for them to bring me my son to hold for the first time, the first time I held my little man...so sweet!

I have to abandon this post right now as my little three year old wants to play trains and he wants his Mama to play too! Here is a picture of Paul at his birthday party. We had it at The McKenna Children's Museum in New Braunfels. It was wonderful and I do believe everyone had a fun time. The other pics are Paul and some of his girlfriends......Anissa, Caroline and Mackenzie.




No comments: