Saturday, June 28, 2008

Getting Ready for the Basilico's Visit

Whew--another busy week for the Niño's. Danny is busy with work and studying for his big CFP exam, which is next month. The usual for me...work, Paul, chores, errands, etc.

I went for an eye appt on Friday. I had not had my eyes checked in about 5-6 years. I am completely and utterly squeamish when it come to anything to do with the eyes. I cannot even stand to watch people use eye drops or put their contacts in or out. Nothing related to the eyes please....please no! So, here we go....

The initial testing was basic...10 feet away from eye chart..covering one eye and reading the lines. Line 11..nope...line 10..still could not read it..line 9..uh no..now I was laughing at myself..line 8....a couple of them...line 7--we have a winner. That was using my right eye. The left eye was better..I could read all of line 8 and some of line 9. Then a couple of other minor tests. THEN, in to see the doctor. Twenty feet from the eye chart....so much more difficult. Diagnoses.....slight astigmatism and some near sightedness. Given all my headaches the past few months, he wanted to check my eyes further..yep, you guessed it--he had to put drops in my eyes to test. Everything looked good..although I was rather tense from getting those drops! THEN he says.."your pupils are not dilated enough and I need to see the back of your eye and the optic nerve"...and I said.."oh no...more drops right!?" Now I was really tense and nervous and squeamish. I survived the drops going in..sort of. Then it was out to the waiting area for 20 min so my pupils could dilate. Oh about 5-7 min later..I broke out into a sweat, became VERY dizzy, felt faint an nauseated. I was beginning to sweat like a pig....completely soaking in my clothes. I made my way (I guess) to the front counter and asked for water. The gal took one look at me..jumped up and walked me towards the bathroom..I informed her I was going to throw up. We didn't make it to the bathroom..I began to pass out..she had to lift me and yelled for help. I sat down and then threw up in the trash can. The nice gal got me cold towels for my head and neck and chest..did I mention how soaked in sweat I was..... The doctor says..."the drops didn't do that....her anxiety did!" Probably true indeed. Can you picture all of this?! The drinking water and cold towels helped. Oh about 10 min later..back in to see the doctor. Everything looked normal..I said, "oh, I am far from normal!" He laughed. And now I was rather weak..so I tried to muster up the energy t drive home by trying on frames..yes, I need some glasses. I narrowed it to 2 frames and need to go back..maybe take someone with me for their opinion. There you have it...Susan's escapades at the eye doctor. Never boring with me around!

So last night, today and tomorrow, we are busy getting ready for my brother, Alleson and Lauren's visit. They arrive late Thursday night. Washing windows, yard work, putting things away, throwing things away, cleaning out freezer and refrigerator, etc. And it's super hot as usual in SA!

I am getting a pedicure at 2:30..yeah for me! Danny is heading to the UTSA library around 4 to study for 5 hours. Our babysitter is coming at 7 and I am headed to the Mylar's for a wine tasting event...fellowship too of course! I have to remember to pick up a bottle of Pinot Grigio.

Danny is resting on the couch while little man Paul watched THE WILD DVD. Grandma and Grandpa Basilico gave it to him for his birthday. I am off to fold some clothes before I head to my appt.

Keep this in mind friends.....
From John Chapter 2..."We take the good days from God---why not also the bad days?"

And someone told me this recently...When life is overwhelming and difficult, God wants us to have a faith that trusts and waits.

And this too.....
When we think about problems
Trouble grows,
When we think about God
Trouble goes.

No comments: