Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF

Good morning!

I am the busiest unemployed person I know! I am still job hunting and am getting close to possibly applying at HEB, Target, Best Buy or Hobby Lobby. The only potential problem I see with those places - is working weekends and evenings. Time with Paul and Danny are so important. I am plugging away at securing a teaching position in the Catholic Schools for this next school year. I have not been able to shake the idea for a couple of years now and feel it is God's will. So, we shall see! I am at peace with the fact it may not happen this year and it may take another year to accomplish my goal. God throws all these detours my way....I guess I have to take them so I can get there! :-)

We go next week to the neurologist to find out the results of Paul's sleep study. We took Paul in again to the Kids Express lab this week where they took urine and oh, 6 tubes of blood. Poor baby - his arm is badly bruised this time b/c they had a hard time getting it this time around.

Why it is every time Obama talks to the nation - the market drops?! I know why..... Can you believe he said on national TV that the market is not that important. Ummmm, ok - tell that to all the people who have lost value on their retirement and pension funds. Way to go America - electing this man. UGH!

There is so much to blog about, but I have limited time right now. We have a new edition to the Niño family - my sister and brother in law had Esteban Andres on Feb. 26. He was 1 oz shy of 9lbs. He is a cutie boy and I can't wait to see him! They live in Friendswood, TX and so it is some distance.

The women's ACTS retreat is fast approaching. We are on the home stretch in our preparation! The retreat weekend is April 2-5. It will be rockin and spirit filled weekend! There is room for 42 women to attend I so far we have 37 or 38. It will fill up and many will be on the waiting list.

I am headed to Chuck E Cheese today for a 12:30 birthday party for Miss Anissa. She turns 4! Her Daddy is a childhood friend of Danny's. Paul is at school, so I am going alone. But that's ok - more freedom for me to play with the other kiddos & play games!! Woo Hoo!!

I finish this brief entry with this.....

Jesus is the light of the world. He is the truth, the way and the light. He sanctifies our spirit and sets our heart on fire!

I heard this scripture last night at my Stephen Ministry meeting and it spoke directly to me.....maybe it will do the same for you!
From James 1:2-6.... "Consider it all joy, my brothers (& sisters) when you encounter various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it. But he should ask in faith, not doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed about by the wind. "

No comments: