Sunday, February 22, 2009

Susan Ran a 5K on Saturday and Didn't Puke!

I began working out again in January. I was going along well and then WHAM-- little Paulie got really sick for 12 days and I did not make it to the gym. Then WHAM - I got sick. So, the two weeks before this 5K run--Susan did not exercise and boy was I worried about Saturday. My worries proved true as I had a difficult time running the 5K at UTSA. So, I had to walk and run. It was a really good morning though - cloudy....slight breeze at times...and 62ish. I picked up my pal Julie and off we went. Her husband and kids came later to see us off and then wait the "blank" minutes for our return over the finish line. It was awesome! I was keyed up afterwards. I talked to a few nice people on the course - who were struggling like me. Now, Julie and I are going to run the SPURS/CASA Speak Out for Kids 5K on March 21 at the AT&T Center. And we're off.....
I am getting back to the gym this week! Julie and I have a goal to do the Rock n Roll half marathon in Nov - so we have some time - but we have a lot of training to do!

Paul had a sleep study done recently and we go next month to the neurologist for the results. He and I suspect Paul has sleep apnea. Danny has it..and I know his brother and Mom probably have it too..as well as my Dad. Did u know babies and kids can have it?! I bet you didn't know....
I reminded Danny we have to take Paulie in for more blood work this week. But this time he has to fast. Danny has a busy week so I need to find someone to go with me. I don't do needles well and will cry when my baby has to lie on the hospital bed and get 7 tubes of blood drawn. Any takers on going with us???? Please....!!! Pretty Please with sugar and a cherry on top!

I am the busiest unemployed person I know..... along with getting things lined up for subbing in NEISD and working on getting a job in the Catholic Schools..here are other things going on in my life....

Monday: ARD/IEP for Paul 8am & ACTS meeting from 7-9pm.
Tuesday: Breakfast with Tina & Digital Photography Class with Rhonda 7:30 - 9pm
Wednesday: The South Texas Pediatric Stroke Stroll Committee meeting - 5:30pm
Thursday: Lunch with my Spiritual Mentor & Book Club at 7:30pm

This is also the last week for me to raise money for my Queen of the Vine Campaign. I fell so short of my original goal, but I will continue to raise money and awareness for Brighton forever!

On Friday is a very special birthday - my best friend Stacey! I met her my senior year at KU. My sweetie pie boyfriend Ace was shaking a rug over the balcony and the dirt was falling...on her head as she came up the stairs. What a first meeting indeed! She was in grad school and even though she did her undergrad work at Kansas State, we became fast friends and remain close. We are so much alike-it is scary at times. She lives in Edwardsville, IL with her husband and 2 boys. Something funny --she and a high school classmate were in my first wedding in 1992. And during our class reunion - learned Elaine lives in Edwardsville and went to MOPS with Stacey. But neither of them remembered one another or the Susan connection. How bizarre is that?!

Danny and Master Paul went to Houston yesterday/today to surprise his Mom for her 85th birthday. Mary Esther moved to Houston and moved in with Danny's brother and his family a few years ago. I understand Paul had a great time with everyone and played hard. Uh, what's new?! He had so much fun that apparently he did not wish to leave and would not give anyone a hug today - b/c he knew that meant he was leaving. I was anxious for them to return today. I was a little sad when Danny called at 3pm to let me know they just left. I was hoping they would be home around 4...but instead it was 6:30.

I read a cute phrase today -- "Good Moms bake..Smart Moms outsource!"

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in that secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16

Ok peeps--just because you accept Christ, life is not in an instant completely bearable. It isn't daisy's and roses. There are still hard times. There is still the pain. Yet along with that pain there is hope. And peace. And a better tomorrow because Christ claims you as His own. I am blessed to have Danny as a husband so many friends who really know me - and love and support me anyway. :-) Danny & I have each other...and we have Christ. If I had real faith and trust in the Lord, much of my pain might have been easier to bear. These past five years have been awesome and I now cannot imagine going through any pain and hardships not knowing Jesus. The peace He has given me... and will give me. The hope and comfort He has offered... and will always offer - one word...OUTSTANDING.

My wish & prayer for the coming month - that all the people I know...and those who I don't know..will watch the movie FIREPROOF. Whether you are married or not - you MUST view this incredible movie. Watch it alone - with your spouse - with a friend. I don't care - but watch it. Not only do we need to fireproof our marriages, but simply put - we need to fireproof our lives from Satan. He will keep coming after us and if we don't have the faith and trust in God--he just might win! And bottom line peeps - Satan Sucks! Tell him to GO TO HELL!

Hugs to all!

2 comments:

Osh said...

congrats on the 5K!

Susan Niño said...

thanks...another one March 21