Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night?

This is a book Santa gave Paul for Christmas. It is a lovely hardback with beautiful pictures. We read it this morning before school - and last night before bed. Paul went to sleep last night with no protest and stayed in his room asleep until 2amish. Then he came in our room and tapped me on the arm and said, "Mama, snuggle with you?" "Oh sure," I said - Danny is in Dallas. Paul is so sweet - he kissed me a few times on my arm and head before drifting off to sleep. At 7:05 I was awakened by a little voice asking for juice and a cereal bar..and to watch The Little Einsteins. The routine was off this morning as Danny always takes Paul to school. So, we had a little meltdown in his classroom when I was leaving....but I know it only last a few minutes. It was mostly for show and for my benefit. Kids are funny that way right?!

My monthly book club meeting last Thursday was a good one. We discussed The Shack. People either loved it or not so much. I was in between really. It is a fictional book - so remember that! Adrianna made a very nice spread and I of course took a bottle of wine. I had prepared discussion questions ahead of time and sent them to all the gals. We had a huge turnout with about 13 people! This month's book is Waiting for Morning by Karen Kingsbury. I went and bought it today and will start reading it this tomorrow. It looks to be a book on forgiveness..something every Christian is called to do..no matter what! Lamentations 1:20 says, "I am in torment within, and in my heart I am disturbed." And Lamentations 5:21-22 says, "Restore us to yourself, O Lord, that we may return, renew our days as of old unless you have utterly rejected us and are angry with us beyond measure." I ask you to consider this....who in your life has weighed you down with chains? Have you forgiven them? If not - why? Ask God to help you do so.

I finally watched the inspirational movie FIREPROOF..with the handsome Kirk Cameron. He is a doll!!! OMG - incredible movie!! Danny then watched it Monday evening and we talked about it for a while--until the wee hours of the morning. If I had all the money in the world, I would purchase the bundle for all married people. There is a DVD, guidebook and the 40 day Love Dare Journal. Go here for the info on the material. Go here for the primary site of the movie.
Forgiveness and unconditional love are important and real messages in this movie.

Pull out your bible and read these passages........and reflect and act on them!
Proverbs 15:1; James 1:19–20; Matthew 5:21–26; Romans 12:17–21; Galatians 5:19–21; Isaiah 55:5–7; Psalm 130:3–4; John 15:5–7; Matthew 11:28–30.

Tonight I am attending a meeting for the planning of the inaugural Pediatric Stroke Awareness Walk-A-Thon. My friend Julie has a young son/toddler who suffered a stroke when he was only a couple months old. She wishes to start a chapter here in San Antonio for Pediatric Stroke Awareness and I am going to help!

And for the ladies..........these Lancome beauty products ROCK my world - get them!
*Absolue Powder - gives u a younger, softer face! Oh and it sparkles a little. :-)
*Maquicomplet coverup - conditions too! I of course use a light shade...ivoire
*CILS lash conditioner - love it!!!!
Thanks to Robyn for helping me look more glamorous and vibrant!

No comments: