Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Book Club for Divas

Howdy ya'll!

That's my best southern hello and how are you........

I got up at 6:30 today to head to my 7:30 dr appt. My dermatologist is so great and so sweet. I went for my annual checkup. Melanoma runs in my family and I have had one back in 1993. All looks good, except for those icky brown spots on my face which I hate. She froze a few of them and so now I will have a puffy red mark and scab for about a week. I then treated myself to a Starbucks with the $5 my Step Dad sent me (a bet I won) for the annual Kansas-Mizzou football game - KU won and so I win $5! Yippy skippy!

Last Thursday night was my monthly book club meeting at Michelle's house. She has a beautiful home in Sendero Ranch - but it is on the market! We gathered at 7:15 for drinks, snacks, prayer and fellowship. Before we adjourn to the living area to discuss the book, we go around and each gal spends 5 minutes or so updating everyone and asking for any special intentions. This time we had a book exchange it was fun! We then discussed this month's book. 90 Minutes in Heaven. We all agreed - it all could have been said in 2 chapters and was not written very well. But it was quick and interesting to read about his spiritual account of Heaven. Who knows..... Here are some pics of the lovely gals...all so sweet and Godly! I am blessed to be a part of this group. Thanks Yvonne for inviting me! MOPS Mommies are wonderful! Our book for January is The Shack by William Young. I agreed to be the discussion leader! Oh my goodness.....


I think tonight we might take Paul and go drive through Windcrest to see all the lights. Paul will be so into them this year - it should be sweet and lots of fun!
If you look at the stock market, business activity, or budget deficits, things are dark. But if you consider our capacities and opportunities, our passion and vision, the outlook is bright.” -- Bill Gates in a recent speech at The George Washington University
“Finding the right work is like discovering your own soul in the world.” -- Thomas Moore

2 comments:

Osh said...

I hate the brown spots...I have had years of treatments for them and and now pretty happy. I'll send you some before and after pics sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hello! We thought you and your readers might like to receive a free full-length novel, Jumble Pie, a heartwarming story about two women, a friendship, and a pie. The author has two published novels (Penguin Putnam) and is providing this as a thank-you to readers!

"JUMBLE PIE is the story of the elusive nature of friendship, sometimes clinging, other times liberating; a story for any woman who has ever lied to her best friend just to make her feel better - and who has been brave enough to tell the truth, even when it hurts. And of course, it's a story about the remarkable healing power of pie."


Please visit http://www.melanielynnehauser.com/JumblePie to request a copy.


Here are some recent reviews:

http://www.librarything.com/work/5923384/reviews

http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/2008/12/book-review-giveaway-jumble-pie-by.html

http://estellabooks.blogspot.com/2008/07/jumble-pie.html

http://confuzzledbooks.blogspot.com/2008/08/jumble-pie-by-melanie-lynne-hauser.html