Monday, November 17, 2008

What Up Dawg?!

My friend Julie (Marketing Exec Extraordinaire) always says this to me as I make my way to the 11th floor at work. I sometimes reply--"I came for a treat!" Yeah, we know--we're silly!

Last week flew by. Little man Paul was under the weather for a few days..and I think I finally just about got rid of whatever I had for 3 weeks! Thursday night was book club at Jennifer's house. Again, so great to spend time with other Christian Mommies! We discussed our book - Captivating. Jennifer has actually been to the Captivating Retreat in CO and told us all about it. It would be wonderful to be able to go sometime. I bet a lot of healing takes place in those few days. Similar to an ACTS retreat we have here in Texas. One has to apply and not all folks get in the first time they apply. She applied 3 times!

Our next book for Dec is 90 Minutes in Heaven. But the book and discussion I am really looking forward to is our January meeting...The Shack by William Young. Has anyone read this book? Someone told me - If you want an emotionally moving parable which hammers home the importance of a personal relationship with God, then buy and read--and be touched by--The Shack. The book is about: Mac is a grief-stricken father in mid-life about to have an extraordinary experience with God. His great sadness began four years ago on a weekend camping trip, when his 6-year-old daughter, Missy, was murdered. What he couldn't know then, but is about to learn, was God's purpose for Missy's death. Roger Mueller's clear, gentle voice characterizes Mac's family with high-spirited joy and laughter. His portrayal of Missy's animated excitement makes her especially believable. His polished performance of grief-stricken Mac brings tears. With empathy and sensitivity, Mueller captures the mysterious voices of those who have invited him to the now abandoned, yet transformed, cabin in the wilderness. This compelling fantasy explores themes of love, loss, and blame.

Friday and Saturday I worked our company's booth at the Rock N Roll Marathon Expo at the Alamodome. San Antonio hosted its first one on Sunday. The winner of the marathon was a gentleman from Kenya. Really?! Seriously? Kenya? Uh YES--those Kenyans can RUN!!!!!

Saturday night I went to an ACTS sister's wedding. The same priest who married Danny and I - joined her and Sam in union. It was lovely and oh so very special for me to be a part of their very special day. I will post a picture of the bride I took before the ceremony. Maile would be proud of how I positioned her.....joyfully and casually!

We took Paul to see Madagascar II Sunday afternoon. He loved it--as did we! Cute flick. Paul loves the first one. We watch it all the time! I think I know all the lines......

Tonight I have an ACTS get together at La Hacienda. I am looking forward to seeing all my sisters! I am going for a little while--but I am very tired and need to get up early tomorrow and exercise. Danny is staying home this week to study for his CFP exam. He takes it this Fri and Sat. I cannot wait until it's over..again! Then we wait 8 weeks for the results--UGH!

My Dad and Jean are coming next week for Thanksgiving. I am seriously thinking of going out to eat. No prep work and no dishes! Everyone seems to be ok with the idea..so, we'll see.

I need votes fellow bloggers, family and friends. I am running for Queen of the Vine for a Fiesta Event in April. All the proceeds go to the nonprofit Brighton. They are the group that helped us with Paul for a year with occupational and speech therapy and he attends their school. Go to www.brightonsa.org and click the tab where it says..EVENTS..then Queen of the Vine. VOTE! Every dollar raised is a vote for me! Paul and his friends appreciate it! Below my picture is the reason I am doing this. And yes, it is a lot of work. I am planning a poker tournament night for February 28. Tickets are $100 to play and $45 to come and be a spectator. I will provide drinks, food, music and prizes. I hope to raise $10,000 that night! I will post my flier for the event once I have it created. It will definitely include a picture of Paul!

I am off to rest before my little event tonight. Ya'll have a great week!

No comments: