Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Ran!

Earlier this afternoon I talked to one of my best friends - Tish. She and I met when I taught at Bishop Carroll in Wichita, KS. Tish is also Paul's Godmother and a faithful servant. Her hubby's birthday is today - Happy Birthday Ran! So, are you 51? 52? I have lost track..... Tish and Ran have 2 children - Zach and Ariann. And I cannot believe how grown up they both are! I want one of them to come to the University of Texas for school and play their sport! I love South Texas!

I have a meeting at 6pm and no sitter. Danny is on his way home from Dallas. So, Paul will be staying at Brighton (with his Mama) for my QOTV meeting. It shouldn't be more than 45 min. I am going to plan my poker night--fundraising - February 28! The cost will be $100 per person and I will provide food, drinks and fabulous prizes! I really wanted to have one of the SPURS come too - some of them dabble in poker -- but they will be travelling! March 7 would have worked great for a Spur or two to be at my event - but we have to have all our fundraising completed by March 1!

I read one more chapter of my book - Captivating--Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul. We have book club this Thurs night. I really want to finish the book beforehand. I think I have about 175 pages to go....we'll see. Have any of you ever thought of this - I had not. Certainly some points to consider and reflect on.......
Satan fell because of his beauty. Now his heart for revenge is to assault beauty. And he really hates Eve. Because she is captivating, glorious and he cannot be. She embodies the glory of God. And maybe the Evil One hates Eve because she gives life. Women give birth..women nourish life.
Eve incarnates the Beauty of God and she gives life to the world. Satan's bitter heart cannot bear it. He assaults her with special hatred. History shows us this too - think about it! Women uniquely carry the glory of God to the world. We are hated by Satan because of our beauty and power.
Genesis 3:20 says, "Adam named his wife Eve,because she would become the mother of all the living." Eve means "life" or "life producer."

Chapter six starts out with some Van Morrison lyrics...
Down those old ancient streets,
Down those old ancient roads,
Baby there together we must go,
Till we get the healing done.
Peace out peeps!

No comments: